Yes, it is definitely a great idea to just pack your bags, book your tickets and leave home to witness the real world out there. Trust me for the world is awaiting you as well. It will be an adventure that you will remember and cherish. The best part about this entire concept of travelling is that you can do it all by yourself. Learning new cultures, seeing various architectures, taste the best wine, trying out different -surely be a lot more fun if you’re travelling around in your own vehicle, preferably a cycle. But, mind you, there are a lot of problems that can arise when you are travelling on your own road bike. Here are a few tips that will help you stay away from problems.
- Rules and Regulations– you must first make sure that you know all the rules and regulation or the law and order of that particular place. Each country in the world has different rules and every the law in every city of a country varies. That is exactly why you must first establish that you know the law and order of that city you will be in and also learn the repercussions of breaking the law.
- Find out– You must always gather information about the place you will be visiting. For example- you should find out whether or not the roads there are safe for cyclists, how crowded streets are, At what time is the traffic there is at it’s peek, The distance to the places you want to visit from the places you will be staying in and other such information. You can either collect this information from the internet or you can just talk a stroll down the road once you reach and find out from the localities.
- Plan your route– It is always considered best to plan out everything. It becomes a lot more easier and you wouldn’t have to struggle at that moment. Make sure you plan your route so that you can follow an order and you wouldn’t have to only travel. Plan it out in such a way that you get to spend some time at the places you will be visiting. Always, go to the farthest location and then travel back in an order in such a way that you’re almost near your place of stay by the end of the day.
- Water– As we all know, the human body is made up of 70% water. It is the most essential part of your day. One must drink good amounts of water in order to stay healthy. While riding a bicycle, you usually tend to sweat, and it important to restore the water back in your body in order to your ride a pleasant one. You can also carry glucose water so that your body gets re-energized.
- Airline fees– Most airlines charge a huge amount if they have to transport vehicles. It can be extremely expensive and uncalled for. If that is the case, then you can try to find out places that give bicycles on rent in the place, you will be visiting. Although there are few airline that do not charge. For example, Virgin Atlantic does charge for carrying sports equipment. You must first find out.
- Must have things– There are few things that one doesn’t leave the house without. Similarly there are a few things that a cyclists should never leave without. Here are a few things that is necessary for a cyclist to keep with him. Water to begin with as it is very necessary as mentioned earlier. You must also keep in mind to carry a tool kit with always, just in case of a mishap. Never forget a first aid kit.
- Strap your bag– See that you have strapped your bag the right way. If your bag isn’t fixed the right way, it can trouble your road bike. Not only can it cause damage to your road bike but also disturb you when you’re riding. Such distraction might lead to accidents. That is why, one must start cycling only after they have established that the bag is properly fixed to the road bike.
- Just get out– All you need to do now is just get out there and cycle on the streets whilst observing the place, making new friends(specially cyclists), stopping by breath taking locations and letting the beauty sink deep inside you and that’s about it…